Design, discover, create. Your design and electronics projects are about to change forever. Paint and print circuits and sensors or use as a conductive adhesive on almost anything including paper, plastic, textiles and conventional electronics. For permanent applications, or to create multi-layer circuitry, Electric Paint can be insulated using standard acrylic or water-based paints.
Put this flexible, revolutionary material in your toolbox today!
Touch Board, Pi Cap, electrical components, prototyping materials, PCBs, microcontrollers, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, MaKey MaKey and e‐textiles. Use with the Touch Board or Pi Cap to make touch sensors.
LEVEL: Beginner to Expert EngineerLarge Scale Sensors
Non-toxic and water soluble, Electric Paint can be used to paint or print sensors on a wide range of surfaces. These sensors can be used to build sensors into the environment or to create interactive installations. Before using Electric Paint in any large scale project, make sure to read Sensor Design Basic Rules of Thumb for some useful advice.
Electric Paint MSDS
Electric Paint Technical Data Sheet
Electric Paint Application Notes
Touch Board Workshop Manual
Touch Board Techniques and Inspiration
Touch Board Basic Projects
Touch Board Digital Toolkit
• Conducts electricity when dry
• Paint, stencil or screen print
• Nontoxic and solvent free
• Water soluble
• Paint over with water‐based paints
• Paint, screenprint, stencil, spray on or apply like any other water-based paint
• Dries at room temperature in 10-15 minutes
• Must be fully dry to work
• Easily removable with soap and water
• Seal with acrylic paint or spray varnish
• Can last years if treated properly and kept dry
• Works on: paper, cardboard, wood, plastic, glass, plaster, some rubbers, textiles, etc…
• Can be painted or sprayed over for protection or multi-layered circuitry
• Can be used with e-textiles
• Surface resistivity approx 55 ohms/square at 50 microns layer thickness
Precautions of use:
Store in a cool dry place. Use within 6 months of opening. This product has not been tested with an electrical source exceeding 12V DC or 50mA: therefore use with higher voltages is not recommended. Use in accordance with the battery manufacturer’s instructions. Do not ingest. Children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an adult whilst using this product. Can be removed with soap and water.